Management System Policy
ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018
Indman is committed to provide services while protecting the environment and ensuring all personnel are protected from occupational health & safety issues. Indman strives for continual improvement of its products, services and its Environmental, Health and Safety Management Systems. Our EHS Policy demonstrates our commitment to the following:
- A commitment to prevention of injury and ill health and continual improvement in EHS management and performance for employees, contractors, visitors and all employees who handle our material throughout the recycling chain;
- A commitment to investigate any workplace accidents, injuries, and near misses, and promptly correct any unsafe condition or practice;
- A commitment to comply with, and where practicable exceed, the requirements of the EHS;
- A commitment to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution, use of sustainable resources and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems;
- A commitment to comply with all relevant EHS compliance obligations, customer and product requirements, industry guidelines, and any other EHS commitments made by the organization;
- Establishment of EHS objectives and targets that demonstrate our commitment to this policy;
- A commitment to work with customers and contractors to fulfil our environmental and health & safety goals; and
- A willingness to always strive towards continual improvement of our EHS to enhance EHS performance.
Indman is committed to an operating philosophy based on openness in communication, integrity in serving our customers, fairness and concern for our employees and our responsibility to the communities within which we operate or may affect.
Our vision is to exceed customer expectations for quality, safety, sustainability, cost, delivery and value. Additionally, we are dedicated to creating a profitable business culture that is based on the following principles:
Indman is committed to equality in employment opportunity and rewards, embracing wholeheartedly the cultural diversity within the communities we call home. Our employees’ welfare and interests are foremost throughout all aspects of our business and how we conduct our affairs. Indman is committed to:
- Creating and nurturing an environment of success based on honesty and integrity;
- Empowerment through training and communication;
- Individual growth and equal opportunity;
- Prevention of accidents and incidents;
- Designing and providing a safe and secure work environment.
Our community and environment
Indman is committed to supporting the communities within which we operate. We believe in the practice of social responsibility and encourage similar behavior in our employees and suppliers. We support the conservation of the physical environment and the prevention of pollution at our facilities and as such, our environmental commitments include:
- Protection of the environment;
- Conformity to compliance obligations;
- Continual improvement;
- Prevention of pollution and sustainable use of resources;
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- Protection of biodiversity and ecosystems;
- Other specific commitment(s) relevant to our context.
Our well being
Indman is committed to satisfying all legal and other requirements and to applying the hierarchy of controls to OH&S risks. We proactively comply with all applicable occupational health and safety, legal and regulatory requirements to which we subscribe in order to:
- Prevent accidents and work-related ill health by managing health and safety risks in the workplace;
- Provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employee competence;
- Engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions;
- Implement emergency procedures in case of fire or other significant incidents;
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances.
Beginning with a clear definition of customers’ expectations, we strive to consistently meet or exceed them. We adhere to all applicable standards and customer specific requirements and endeavor to provide processes that ensure we achieve this in order to build a robust and world class business.